Westminster John Knox Press
Soul Feast, Newly Revised Edition: An Invitation to the Christian Spiritual Life
Publish Date: 2014-10-01
Author: Marjorie J. Thompson
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
First released in 1995, this spiritual classic continues to be a bestseller, as thousands each year accept Marjorie Thompsons invitation to the Christian spiritual life. Offering a framework for understanding the spiritual disciplines and instruction for developing and nurturing those practices, Soul Feast continues to be a favorite for individual reflection and group study. Many new additions, including a new chapter on keeping the Sabbath, make this newly revised edition of Soul Feast a must-have.
This newly revised edition will include the following new or updated content:
- An all-new introduction, reflecting on the books twenty-year history and why it has remained so popular.
- An all-new chapter on keeping the Sabbath, one of the most life-giving spiritual disciplines in a hurried 24/7 world. It will explore the importance of Sabbath time, and how readers can create space for it when the pace of life seems to be continually accelerating.
- A significantly expanded Rule of Life chapter at the end of the book, based on numerous reader requests for more guidance on how to go about creating their own personal Rule.
- Some refreshed sidebar quotations from spiritual writers to complement the best ones from the prior editions.
- A revised group study guide to reflect the addition of new materials.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION