Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice, 4e
Publish Date: 2013-11-04
Author: Marcia Stanhope;Jeanette Lancaster
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
With concise, focused coverage of community health nursing, Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice, 4th Edition provides essential information for community practice from nursing roles and care settings to vulnerable population groups. The book uses a practical, community-oriented approach and places an emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Practical application of concepts is highlighted throughout the text in case studies, critical thinking activities, QSEN competencies, and Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight current research findings, their application to practice, and how community/public health nurses can apply the study results.
- Levels of Prevention boxes identify specific nursing interventions at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels, to reinforce the concept of prevention as it pertains to community and public health care.
- Focus on health promotion throughout the text emphasizes initiatives, strategies, and interventions that promote the health of the community.
- Clinical Application scenarios offer realistic situations with questions and answers to help you apply chapter concepts to practice in the community.
- Case Studies provide client scenarios within the community/public health setting to help you develop assessment and critical thinking skills.
- What Would You Do? boxes present problem-solving challenges that encourage both independent and collaborative thinking required in community settings.
- How To boxes offer specific instructions on nursing interventions.
- NEW! QSEN boxes illustrate how quality and safety goals, competencies, objectives, knowledge, skills, and attitudes can be applied in nursing practice in the community.
- NEW! Feature box on Linking Content to Practice highlights how chapter content is applied in the role of public/community health nursing.
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 objectives in every chapter address the health priorities and emerging health issues expected in the next decade.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION