Hachette Book Group
The Baby Sleep Book: The Complete Guide to a Good Night's Rest for the Whole Family (Sears Parenting Library)
Publish Date: 2005-10-26
Author: William Sears;Martha Sears;Robert Sears;James Sears
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Everything you need to know about getting your baby or toddler to sleep -- from America's foremost baby and childcare experts.
For every parent deprived of sleep by a restless infant or toddler, now there's hope. The Baby Sleep Book is the comprehensive, reassuring, solution-filled sleep resource that every family will want to own.
Babies don't automatically know how to sleep through the night; they need to be taught. The Sears family has learned from decades of pediatric practice, bolstered by their own parenting experiences, that different babies have different nighttime temperaments -- and, of course, different families have different lifestyles. Instead of espousing the kind of one method fits all approach advocated in other baby sleep guides, the Sears family explains how you can create a sleep plan that suits the needs of your entire family.
With a sharp focus on the practical tools and techniques, The Baby Sleep Book covers such topics as:
- the facts of inapt sleep vs. adult sleep
- figuring out where, when, and how your child sleeps best
- fail-safe methods for soothing a crying infant
- how to make night nursing easier, and how to stop
- nighttime fathering tips
- whether co-sleeping makes sense for you
- nap-time strategies that work
- medical and physical causes of night walking
- sleep habits in special situations such as traveling, teething, and illness
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION