Understanding and Using English Grammar, 4th Edition (Book & Audio CD)
Publish Date: 2009-03-06
Author: Betty S. Azar;Stacy A. Hagen
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, theFourth Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
- Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
- Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures
- Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group and class work
- Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
- Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION