Textbook of Basic Nursing
Publish Date: 2016-10-13
Author: Caroline Bunker Rosdahl RN BSN MA;Mary T. Kowalski RN BA BSN MSN
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Fully updated to reflect current medical and nursing practice, this Eleventh Edition of Textbook of Basic Nursing covers all areas of the curriculum, including Anatomy & Physiology, Fundamentals, Skills, Adult Health, Growth and Development, Mental Health, Maternity and Pediatrics, and Geriatric Considerations. Based on the NCLEX-PN framework, this engaging and comprehensive text provides everything students need to succeed, including short chapters with easy-to-understand content, striking photos and illustrations that bring the content to life, and a wide range of practice-oriented, mastery-focused learning tools both in the book and online, and an available hands-on workbook. Key benefits include:
- Concept Mastery Alerts use data from PrepU quizzing to highlight common misconceptions and difficult-to-understand material.
- Nursing Alerts ensure that students obtain the critical information they need to safely practice nursing as LPN/LVNs and succeed on the NCLEX-PN.
- NCLEX Alerts highlight critical NCLEX-relevant content in each key area.
- In Practice: Nursing Care Plans present a case study using NANDA terminology and the Nursing Process to illustrate how to develop a care plan.
- Special Considerations highlight key culture, lifespan, homecare, or nutrition information.
- In Practice: Nursing Procedures present step-by-step instructions with full-color illustrations and rationales.
- In Practice: Nursing Care Guidelines contain summaries of important concepts, teaching, skills performance, or nursing considerations.
- In Practice: Educating the Client boxes highlight important teaching concepts.
- In Practice: Data Gathering in Nursing summarizes the key information needed in gathering data for nursing observations.
- In Practice: Nursing Process boxes use the steps of the nursing process to guide the LPN/LVN in effective data collection.
- In Practice: Important Medications boxes summarize common medications used in treating specific conditions, diseases, and disorders.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION