Brand: Pearson Education ESL
Focus on Grammar 3 (4th Edition)
Publish Date: 2011-08-14
Author: Marjorie Fuchs;Margaret Bonner;Miriam Westheimer
Arrives in 3-7 Business Days
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Focus on Grammar, in its new fourth edition, maintains the proven pedagogy that makes it the most popular contextualized grammar series worldwide. Its unique four-step approach takes students from context to communication blending content, reading, writing, listening, speaking and critical thinking in a complete program, and preparing students to understand and use English more effectively.
Centered on thematic instruction Focus on Grammar allows students to interact with grammar in realistic contexts and moves them beyond controlled practice to authentic communication.
New features include:
- Updated high-interest readings in multiple genres that expose students to the form, meaning, and use of grammar in natural contexts.
- Key vocabulary is taught, practiced, and recycled throughout each unit, to ensure acquisition.
- Fully redesigned grammar charts and notes that provide greater clarity.
- Explicit pronunciation activities to improve fluency and accuracy.
- Expanded listening tasks allow students to develop a range of listening skills.
- Flexible, ongoing assessment including unit reviews, diagnostic and achievement tests, and test-generating software allows students to monitor their own progress and teachers to track students mastery. (Test and test-generating software available in the Teachers Resource Pack)
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION